Import/export Headache

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dale
Import/export Headache
by
on Jul 24, 2005 at 1:12:44 pm

Hi There,

Having some probs with Encore not importing my footage. Fairly new to Encore/DVD authoring but... I have two Videos (PAL) and one, the smaller one of about 5 mins is happily accepted by Encore and transcoded on import.

The other one, about 35 mins in length, exported from Avid Express Pro with the same settings as the 5 min video, is rejected as Encore says it is not 25fps... but it is.

I am exporting as a QT Ref. I have gone via Soreson in the past but i just don't get the quality for some reason. I did a Test burn with the 5 min vid and was quite happy with the quality just transcoding in Encore.

Am I missing something?

Thanx,
Dale...

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Import/export Headache
on Jul 25, 2005 at 5:18:52 pm

Don't use QT reference files. Encore has only limited capability with QT files. You're getting an error about the frame rate because Encore is having some sort of a problem with the file, but doesn't know exactly how to describe it, and frame rate is the closest thing it knows how to complain about.

Return to posts index

dale
by
on Jul 27, 2005 at 11:22:00 am

I seem to have finally got something out of it all! I exported my QT ref file into sorenson and then it was happy...

What do you reccomend to send to encore if not QT REF files?
Dale...

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jul 27, 2005 at 4:48:11 pm

MPEG-2, ideally. AVI files are your second best route, preferably with DV or another common codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]