FORUMS: list search recent posts

region and auto activation question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dupperware
region and auto activation question
on Jul 23, 2005 at 1:34:26 pm

hi guys,

i'm a newbee, and i have two questions i couldn't find the answers to.
1- how can i make a dvd that is region free?
2- encore automatically selects a button in the menu. can that be avoided?
3- i have a pal project which i have to deliver in ntsc as well. is there a way to convert the project?

thanks for any input.
this forum is a real life saver, everybody taking the time to help out: THANX!

robert.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: region and auto activation question
on Jul 25, 2005 at 5:16:41 pm

1. The region setting is in the project settings. (Button is under the Disc tab.)
2. No. DVD spec requires that one button in a menu be selected at all times. You can make a "hidden" button to start out with. A button that has no visible layers or subpicture highlights, no link, and using manual button routing you can make it so that the user can't get back to the button.
3. No. You'll need to re-encode your video assets as NTSC, and start a new NTSC project. You can borrow the same menus from your PAL project (they're inside the project folder), but they'll need some slight alteration to match NTSC frame size and all the links and timelines will need to be recreated.

Return to posts index

Philip Hall
Re: region and auto activation question
on Jul 27, 2005 at 2:23:30 pm

2- encore automatically selects a button in the menu. can that be avoided?

It can't be avoided, but you can change the default button by selecting the button of your choice; right-clicking on it and choosing "Set As Default". I have a different way of changing the button. Instead of dragging the mpeg asset out onto the menu, I create a timeline by clicking on the timeline button at the bottom of the project window. After the timeline has been created, I can then drag the button of my choice from the library onto the menu and manually link it to the mpeg timeline by right-clicking on it and choosing "Link To".

Phil Hall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]