FORUMS: list search recent posts

MENU PAUSES AT LOOP POINT!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melanie11485
MENU PAUSES AT LOOP POINT!
on Jul 21, 2005 at 5:01:04 pm

There is a loop poing set for my motion menu a few seconds into my animation (so that you return to the point in the animation where the buttons are static) I did this for my main menu and it works fine, but on my submenu the DVD literally pauses (as if i had pressed the pause button on the remote although i didn't) I have tried it on 2 dvd players and it does the same thing. ANY suggestions?

Melanie

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: MENU PAUSES AT LOOP POINT!
on Jul 24, 2005 at 7:49:06 am

[Melanie11485] "I did this for my main menu and it works fine, but on my submenu the DVD literally pauses"

Good question. I'm assuming that the reason it sometimes works without pause, and sometimes has a pause, has to do with the layout of the files on the final physical DVD.

I understand that Encore doesn't let you design this layout -- is there other reasonably-priced and user-friendly software which does?

If you want to design the DVD in Encore, can you use other software just to do the physical layout?

-- BC

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: MENU PAUSES AT LOOP POINT!
on Jul 25, 2005 at 2:14:24 pm

I don't think Melanie said that the same menu sometimes pauses. She said a particular menu pauses consistently.

And every testing cycle, Encore projects are run through industry-standard verifiers to assure that the data structures are DVD-legal, so I don't think it has anything to do with how Encore lays out files on the DVD. More likely is the troublesome menu somehow was corrupted in the project. In this case, I would try clearing out the Loop Point, build a DVD folder, then re-insert the Loop Point and build to disc again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]