FORUMS: list search recent posts

All Buttons want to be #1

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
All Buttons want to be #1
on Jul 21, 2005 at 4:07:24 pm

I'm having a strange problem with buttons.

I wanted to do some Photoshop work to modify a button to give it a neat activated-state appearance. When I tried to duplicate the button, whether in PS or Encore, the new button is still named Button #1. So I have several #1 buttons, and when I change the link on one, it is changed on all.

Even when I add a new button from the Library, both buttons are #1.

related question: The Object menu's top set of options is grayed out.

Thanks!

-- BC

Return to posts index

Nate
Re: All Buttons want to be #1
by
on Jul 22, 2005 at 1:04:36 am

Hey Bob,

Are you able to select a button and manually change its number in the Properties palate? Or does changing the number of one button change those of all the other buttons to that same number?

Nate

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
BUG. And still one question
on Jul 22, 2005 at 3:41:07 am

[Nate] "
Are you able to select a button and manually change its number in the Properties palate?"

No -- "1" was the only option and you can't write in anything -- you need to select from the drop-down, which displayed only "1."

BUT somehow, it works now. I closed and restarted the program, opened a new job, and then reopened the old one, and now when I duplicate a button I actually have the choice of "1" or "2."

I think I've found my first Encore bug.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Actually, this forum helped me to "solve" the problem by giving me a place to post the question -- knowing I had to wait for an answer, I went on to other work, which turned out to be the bugfix.

And, on the "object" menu, the top group is no longer totally shadowed. I would love to read a good explanation of all of that, by the way: convert to object/button/create subpicture.

-- BC

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
correction to bugfix
on Jul 24, 2005 at 10:34:30 pm

My first "bugfix" didn't work, the second time this happened. But of course, all you have to do is go into Photoshop and create the layer set that Encore failed to make. It turns out the new button was in the layer set with the original button.

I never had this problem until yesterday, and now twice in one project. Strange.

-- BC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]