FORUMS: list search recent posts

PAL Encore project to NTSC

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Banks
PAL Encore project to NTSC
on Jul 14, 2005 at 4:26:58 pm

Hello,
I have a video project that was filmed in PAL and put onto DVD using Encore as a PAL project too. Now I want to send some copies to the states which require an NTSC. I was someone would be able to suggest the best way to make an NTSC project? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Martin.

Return to posts index

Terry M
Re: PAL Encore project to NTSC
on Jul 20, 2005 at 3:10:55 pm

Just had exactly the same issue arise and discussed with various people. Seems that it is just possible that a PAL DVD might play in the USA. However I have opted for making an NTSC version of my DVD as follows:

I opened a new project, selecting NTSC format. Next I copied as menu assets all the original menus from the PAL project. I then used Canopus Procoder to convert all my PAL avi to NTSC versions (including the avis used in the motion menus).

I reopened the PAL project and noted down the time for each chapter point in the timeline, and the name I'd given it. Next, opening the NTSC timeline I added chapter points - it is esay in the project window to type in the required timecode to shift each chapter point to its correct location.

Finally I linked each menu button as before.

If it sounds a little time-consuming and a pain, it was! However the NTSC DVD plays fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]