FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing tiny clips from a long file?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damien Carr
Removing tiny clips from a long file?
on Jul 13, 2005 at 11:50:12 pm

Hello. I have a an .avi file that is about 45 minutes long. I did an entire tape capture and have some footage in the middle of it that I would like to remove. I would really like to keep the file intact, and I do not want to use premiere to cut out the pieces I do not want to play (I am worried about overproccessing the image).

Is there a way to set chapter in and out points so that the footage will automatically move from the end of chapter 1 to the beginning of chapter 2? (hopefully deleting the footage between in and out points).

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Removing tiny clips from a long file?
on Jul 14, 2005 at 4:26:04 pm

You're really much better off using Premiere (or some editing application) to cut out the bits you don't want. Encore isn't an editing application. Trying to do this with Encore is cumbersome at best.

However, it can be done. You need to create multiple timelines, one for each chapter (or at least each segment that is going to have cuts around it). Drop the same clip into all the timelines, then trim the in and out points so they each have a unique chapter/segment. Link the end actions of each timeline to the next one in sequence.

This will work fine for playing the video through. However, navigation between timelines doesn't always work (it depends on what the DVD player wants to do when you hit "Next Chapter" and there is no chapter; you can help this by putting an extra chapter point about 1 second before the end of each timeline). Also, there will be a slight pause every time the DVD switches to the next timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]