FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to make a "play all" command

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff
how to make a "play all" command
by
on Jul 12, 2005 at 4:30:11 pm

I set up several chapters and then made a playlist to play all of them. But I notice that while I can jump ahead through the chapter markers in each section, there's no way to jump to the next chapter. Am I being clear here? Is there some way to set it up so that you can jump not just between chapters inside each section, but between the main chapters themselves?

Return to posts index

mctiller
Re: how to make a "play all" command
on Jul 13, 2005 at 4:59:26 pm

Yeah I understand what you are saying.

The problem (if you want to call it that) lies in the DVD spec. In other words you can't jump from the last chapter on timeline 1 to the first chapter of timeline 2.

Now here is where it gets frustrating or weird depending on your view. SOME DVD players WILL go from the last chapter of timeline 1 to the first chapter of timeline 2. My ancient (circa 1999) Pioneer 414 does this, which how I discovered the same issue you are describing.

But the Encore preview section is preforming according to the DVD spec.

A workaround that has been described is to place another chapter point one-second from the end of each timeline. So when you hit that last chapter point, you get a brief shot of timeline 1, but essentially you are starting just before timeline 2.

So you HAVE done everything correct, but add in the workaround and you will be fine.

If anyone else has a better workaround please post it.

Good luck.

Martin

http://www.mctimages.com

Return to posts index

Jeff
Re: how to make a "play all" command
by
on Jul 13, 2005 at 5:12:03 pm

Thanks. Just did this, and it solves the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]