FORUMS: list search recent posts

burning with Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom
burning with Encore
by
on Jul 11, 2005 at 11:39:04 am

I don't know if this is a Encore issue or not. I am burning to dvd using Encore. It is a 15 minute piece. Using Verbatium dvd-r. I get a glitch or breakup in a spot of the dvd, if I fast rewind a bit and play again its fine, next pass it breaks up for a second. Then it broke up in the same spot all the time. I try a different dvd player and a differnt spot breaks up. the orginal burn was from a Microsoft avi file from Premiere the second encoding was from a Matrox avi. So I is it the dvd itself , something on the dvd ? or my players or the software I used to encode. The fact that it doesn't happen all the time really has me concerned. Any ideas ? I am also using a Matrox TR 100 card and Parahrila graphics card.

thanks

Tom

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: burning with Encore
on Jul 11, 2005 at 4:11:12 pm

What bitrate are you burning your video at on the DVD? This sounds like the typical playback buffer problem. What happens is that many DVD players have trouble reading burned DVD's, so the video playback buffer stays filled as it slowly reads the data off the disc. If the buffer is filled and a section of high bitrate video is reached, the buffer can't refresh quickly enough and frames are lost in playback. In your case, rewinding clears out the buffer, and there's enough room again.

Try to keep the max bitrate of your video below 7.0 Mbps. That's about the threshold where most DVD players cna start to suffer playback buffer problems.

Return to posts index

Scott
on Jul 13, 2005 at 4:08:37 am

Also, what DVD media are you using -R or +R?

Scott

Return to posts index

tom
by
on Jul 14, 2005 at 11:44:17 am

using - r

thanks

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved