FORUMS: list search recent posts

This post is primarily directed towards David Garret (about a question I had earlier)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris
This post is primarily directed towards David Garret (about a question I had earlier)
on Jul 11, 2005 at 7:52:21 am

I first posted on here about a month ago with a problem where I could not get an intro movie I made to play in my DVD menu in a box I had set up. And so I asked if anyone knew how to do this, David you then suggested that I download your tutorial (it was like some intermediate one) the showed you making an intro movie play in a box (you used a sony TV). during the tutorial you mentioned the buttons that you had created and didn't go into detail about how you made them it was a bunch of stuff like +play all etc. The problem was, I understood the other parts of your tutorial but I didn't know how to make the buttons you mentioned earlier during the vid tutorial. So you recommended downloading your "basics" tutorial. Well, I couldn't find that on your site and as such was asking you here. I tried posting this in the original topic, but it was so far down the list you likely didn't see it. Do you get what I'm saying now?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: This post is primarily directed towards David Garret (about a question I had earlier)
on Jul 11, 2005 at 2:34:18 pm

Hi Chris.

If you want to use Encore to make basic text buttons, then check out tut #13 in the basic section of my tuts. You can then open the menu in photoshop and this will give you a better insight on how the layout is created for the text buttons.

If you are still stuck then please let me know, i will try and get a basic tut recorded for you :-)

Return to posts index

Chris
Re: This post is primarily directed towards David Garret (about a question I had earlier)
on Jul 12, 2005 at 8:08:41 am

I'm not sure if it was the layout rather it was the stuff needed to make the Intro video play in a small box. Basically my problem was that I have a small box and then text (which are buttons that go to different movies I've made). But the main thing I was trying to do was have my intro video sized to play within my box when the DVD starts up while at the same time selecting stuff from the menu. Its the exact same thing you did in your tutorial the only thing is that, in your tutorial you didn't explain the basic thing that people would likely already know (I didn't though). It was like layers within photoshop that you said you didn't need to cover. Do you know what I'm talking about now? Maybe I wasn't clear earlier.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jul 12, 2005 at 9:11:32 am

yep , with ya now.. check out Tut #7 in the basic tut section of my website.. hopefully that will explain all for you..
Hope this helps

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jul 12, 2005 at 9:23:25 am

cancel that last reply.... i am stil unsure if that is the correct tut for ya.. i will re-run the orginal video box tut again to see if i can understand what you mean...

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jul 12, 2005 at 11:37:44 am

Hi Chris,
I have looked at the tut again, the only reference i can find to what you are on about, is in the Photoshop part of the tut, where i said about how to make buttons and refer the viewer(s) to my older tuts.

But you stated that you have already created buttons!,

this is where i am getting confused....

Return to posts index

Chris
on Jul 14, 2005 at 11:27:15 pm

Heh, well on that tutorial you refer to I think you'd call them "layers" and these layers say stuff like Play All+ and some other stuff with +s by them.

Does that make sense? Maybe I'll just try and run it now and see if it works, if it doesn't then I'll ask again lol. All I wanna do is have my intro vid play when you pop in the DVD in a little box I made :(

Encore makes it difficult

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jul 15, 2005 at 3:45:50 am

You mean "layer sets"?, if all you want to do is have the menu with the little box containing the video to be your "first play", then import the menu with the box before you import anything else, Encore should set this as the "first play" (it should have a "Yellow" circle with a right facing "Black" play button on it), if it dosen't then right click on the menu in the project window Tab and then select "set as first play", now import the video footage that you wish to use within the little box of the menu and drag and drop it it onto the box on the menu (in the same way that my tut tells you how to)follow the rest of the tut on how to render this motion menu, and set it's end action to go to whatever you have in mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]