FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melvin Royster
New to Encore
on Jul 8, 2005 at 4:16:33 pm

Ok, I just downloaded the Encore Tryout 1.5. I've been working in Premiere Pro 1.5, but been having problems burning to DVD, so I downloaded Encore. But I haven't the slightest clue how to burn the DVD. That's all I want to do is just burn a simple DVD, with no titles, or menu screen, just a plain DVD. I imported the movie (4 min long) into the timeline. I tried the File>Build DVD, and a couple of options from there but came up on some errors. Any help please?

Melvin
Premere Pro 1.5
Encore 1.5
Windows XP
1Gig Ram

Return to posts index

Nate
Re: New to Encore
by
on Jul 9, 2005 at 2:49:19 pm

Hey Melvin,

Okay, so you've imported your file into the timeline. That's really all that is actually required, but you may be getting those errors because a few things aren't set. Try the following:

The timeline should have automatically been set to first play, but just to be sure, right-click on it in the Project window and choose "Set as First Play." A little yellow circle with a play symbol (arrow pointing to the right) should appear on the timeline's icon. If it was already set to first play, that symbol should already have been there and you needn't worry about what I just described.

Next, click on the timeline in the Project window to highlight it, then go over and check out the Properties palate. For the End Action of the timeline choose "Stop." For Menu Remote (when the user hits the "Menu" button on their DVD remote) you can either set it to "Stop" or to return to the beginning of your timeline. Click the little arrow on the right side of the Menu Remote field to choose.

Now go back to the Project window and click somewhere other than on the timeline to deselect it. The Properties window should change to those of the DVD itself, and one of the fields should be labeled "Title Button" (this is what happens when the user hits the "Title Menu" button on their remote). As with Menu Remote, set this either to stop the DVD or return to the beginning of your timeline (i.e. the first chapter marker); this is entirely a matter of your preference, as you do not actually have any menu to go to.

That should do it! If you have any more trouble, don't hesitate to ask.

Nate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]