FORUMS: list search recent posts

Button overlay problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Button overlay problem
on Jul 6, 2005 at 6:02:38 pm

I'm just using plain text converted to buttons for navigation on my menu. If I duplicate a button, then change the text on the new one, the overlay highlight text does not change - it stays the same as the duplicate.

Steve Brame
DoYouStream.com

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Button overlay problem
on Jul 6, 2005 at 6:58:04 pm

Right. It's not the most intuitive, but what happens is that the highlights are actually separate Photoshop layers. Those aren't attached to the text in any way after they're created, so changing the text won't change the highlight.

Two ways to fix this:
1. Right-click on the button > Convert to Object. In the Layers palette, open up the button's folder, select the highlight layer, and press the Delete key. Then convert the text to a button again.
2. Wait until you have all of your text objects created, then convert them all to buttons.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Jul 6, 2005 at 7:50:18 pm

Great workarounds...thanks!

Steve Brame
DoYouStream.com

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 6, 2005 at 9:03:03 pm

If it's just a text highlight, even better is to turn on Create Text Subpicture in Button properties. You may need to delete the existing subpicture layer after doing this.

Then when you change the text in a button you duplicated, the subpicture will automatically regenerate when you build (and test).

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jul 6, 2005 at 9:23:43 pm

Aha! I was looking for that option but couldn't find it. Thanks, Joe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]