FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop-AfterEffects-Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SRoughan
Photoshop-AfterEffects-Encore
on Jul 6, 2005 at 7:49:56 am

I want to animate the buttons in and out. I make the buttons in encore, play with them a bit in Photoshop, then bring the photoshop doc into AE to animate. The problem is, when I bring the buttons into AE, the comps are all upside down, and I must go through and rearrange all the comps so they are the right way around. Ive looked for a setting in AE that will import the photoshop file in the right order, but cant find anything. Any tips anyone?
Also, when making the animation, is there a certain time rule that must be followed with i frames? In encore, sometimes the movies lose the last half second or so. Must the animation times be in multiples from 12 frames or something like that?
Thanks in advance
Simon

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Photoshop-AfterEffects-Encore
on Jul 6, 2005 at 5:51:03 pm

How are you exporting your animations out of AE? File format, codec, resolution, pixel aspect ratio, etc.

RE: the duration, there's no restriction on your animation. Do you have an audio background on the menu? If so, make sure it's the exact duration of your animation, otherwise Encore will cut off the end of whichever is longer.

Return to posts index

SRoughan
on Jul 7, 2005 at 6:11:37 am

The files are QT Animation Codec. The menu backgrounds are still pics so no worries there. My main gripe is that the "Export menu to AE" doesnt work right. The buttons look totally differant in AE, because all the comp layers are back to front. You have to go through are change them by hand. I would have thought this is a real problem, but nobody has bothered to answer on the AE forum. Have you got an idea why AE re-orders the layers in a Photoshop doc?
Thanks for the answer so far, anyway!
Simon

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jul 7, 2005 at 4:21:22 pm

I've never had that problem, Simon. When I use the "Create an After Effects composition" option in Encore, my AE comps look fine.

Are you constructing your menus in Photoshop before you bring them into Encore? My only possible guess is that there might be some problem with the naming conventions or the structure of the layer groups in the original PSD. Try starting a menu with one of the templates that Encore comes with and see if you get the same behavior from that.

Return to posts index

SRoughan
on Jul 7, 2005 at 5:28:15 pm

Hmmm...
The menu buttons were out of the encore template. I think it has something to do with the fact that not all photoshop layer effects can be imported into or read by AE. I have found a work-around for it now, so no worries.
thanks for the answers though.
Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]