FORUMS: list search recent posts

rough playback

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john morrell
rough playback
on Jul 5, 2005 at 5:26:06 am

I wonder if anybody can help me: I am making dvd movies which play back very well on my pc but when they are played on a dvd machine the vision is very jerky. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
With thanks
john morrell

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: rough playback
on Jul 5, 2005 at 5:22:55 pm

* Try different media. Try -R instead of +R or vice versa. Try a different brand of discs.

* Keep the bitrate of your video low. Some DVD players (mostly older models) have problems reading video from burned DVDs that exceeds about 7.0 Mbps.

Return to posts index

john morrell
on Jul 6, 2005 at 6:28:19 am

thanks for the reply. I'm using dvd -r disks and have tried a number of different brands and the bit rate is lower than 7.0 mbps, but the problem seems to be just with adobe encore. I have movie factory 3 and it does not show the same problem. I like the way encore is put together and how it produces the dvd (menues etc) and would like to keep using it if I can fix this issue.
john

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jul 6, 2005 at 5:46:16 pm

How many set-top DVD players have you tried? Some players, mostly older ones, have troubles reading burned discs. You should always test your discs on as many players as possible. A good trick is to go to an electronics store and try all the models there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]