FORUMS: list search recent posts

weird menu problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff
weird menu problem
by
on Jul 2, 2005 at 4:12:52 am

Close to having finished putting it all together, rendered menus. I get first play just fine, then to main menu -- which plays for about 2 seconds -- and then suddenly stops and starts to repeat the start of the menu.

This menu has video and sound on it, and a loop point. It seems to be playing until maybe the loop point and then stopping and going back to the start of the menu??

Any ideas? I'm perplexed. I've done this before without any problem. But for some reason it's like it's sticking or something. Won't play more than a couple seconds of the menu. I checked the underlying mpeg video file and it's all there, no problem with that file. Should I use an avi file instead maybe?

Return to posts index

Jeff
more detail on this strange problem
by
on Jul 2, 2005 at 5:04:31 am

If I don't put a value in the Loop Point box, then the menu renders just fine. But when I put a value in the Loop Point box, the menu renders to play to that point and then stops and loops back to the first frame of the menu!

What the -- ?!

Dang. Very weird. I've used the Loop Point before and it works like it's supposed to work, making the buttons work at the loop point, and making the menu loop back to that point.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: more detail on this strange problem
on Jul 5, 2005 at 4:58:56 pm

I've heard of this happening before. If you have any steps to reliably reproduce it, I'd love to hear them.

Just taking a shot in the dark, but try resetting the Loop Point to zero, delete the video and audio background, then reset the video/audio background and reset the Loop Point, then re-render the motion menu.

Does that help?

Return to posts index

Jeff
Re: more detail on this strange problem
by
on Jul 5, 2005 at 5:38:58 pm

That's what I ended up doing, deleting it all and starting over, and it worked. Don't know why/how it got stuck on that. But just recreated the menu and the problem disappeared. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]