FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted Video Buttons

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Freebairn
Corrupted Video Buttons
on Jun 30, 2005 at 10:30:14 pm

Ok, my problem is that I have video buttons that I have created by dragging chapter points from a timeline. When I tried doing this with pre-encoded files the buttons wouldn't display the poster frame correctly. They show a bright green and pink mess of mosaic squares not resembling my video at all. I tried bringing in plain AVI's and it worked. I saved it and then transcoded the files in Encore. When I checked it after it had finished transcoding, I had the same problem. Is there a fix for this, or is it a problem with my display card? When I burn the disc, the timelines play fine, but the video buttons are still corrupt.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Corrupted Video Buttons
on Jul 1, 2005 at 3:20:47 pm

Try setting the poster frame for the button ahead a couple of frames.

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
on Jul 1, 2005 at 7:37:18 pm

I tried that for the next 60 frames and it didn't work. The problem has been happening at home, but I am able to duplicate the problem on my work setup which is a Dual 3.6 Xeon with a Quadro FX3400.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jul 1, 2005 at 8:02:42 pm

Hmmm... What application are you using to encode the MPEG files?

Return to posts index

Steve Freebairn
on Jul 3, 2005 at 11:40:56 pm

I have used premiere pro and encore to encode and I've had the same problem both times. Before I transcoded in encore the menu was fine, once I transcoded it corrupted the menus. I was able to work around this by locking the menu's once the avi was on the timeline. I batch processed all the menus and changed the layer from (%)video to just video once the menu was right, that way once I transcoded it wouldn't update the menu with a corrupted picture.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hatfield
on Oct 4, 2005 at 5:56:22 pm

I have the same problem. Are you using an ATI video card with your setup? I have a 9800 pro.
If I bring an encoded file in from Procoder, at any quality level, and apply chapters with posters,
the posters appear in a 256bit bitmap style. It looks like a mish mosh. A straight AVI with the same
chapters and posters are fine. Only after transcoding and adjusting something that I don't like does it
display the same issue.
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Jerry Hatfield
Six Gill DV
Orlando, Florida

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]