FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Menu render problem and button highlighted prematurely

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Motion Menu render problem and button highlighted prematurely
on Jun 30, 2005 at 5:37:26 pm

(sorry if this is a twice-read for you but I got no responses so I assumed it got lost in the other thread)

I originally asked about how to position buttons whose location was dictated by a video that I was using as background for a motion menu. (The video starts out without buttons, so their position wasn't apparent within Encore.) The proper answer was to use a shorter clip or a PS frame, and create the buttons in Photoshop. I did that.

I was able to position my buttons in Photoshop using a shorter version of just the tail end of the motion video. In Encore I substituted in the full length motion video (which starts off without button).

When I try to render the motion menu, it is grayed out, both on the File dropdown menu and in the Preview window.

So I tried burning the DVD. The motion menu plays, but the first button is already in its highlighted state.

I'd appreciate any ideas about this, and also any suggestions as to a good tutorial for motion menu creation (again, I don't have the latest version of After Effects).

-- BC

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
button highlighted prematurely
on Jun 30, 2005 at 7:51:28 pm

Is it true that Encore shows the highlight state for Button One, regardless whether you select "Default Button" to "none" or any of the buttons?

My workaround is to create a "dummy button" and name it #1. Does that sound right?

-- BC

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
talking to myself...
on Jul 2, 2005 at 11:05:06 am

[Bob Cole] "My workaround is to create a "dummy button" and name it #1. Does that sound right?"

Found out that the dummy button is a bad idea, as hitting "play" when it is invisibly selected may cause user trauma.

Much simpler: reduce the transparency (menu/edit menu color set) of the Selected state to 0%, so the single button on the menu doesn't appear to be highlighted.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: talking to myself...
on Jul 5, 2005 at 5:17:59 pm

Did you set your Loop Point value?

The button highlighting should come on at the Loop Point timecode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]