FORUMS: list search recent posts

timeline playlist chapters question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duane Horn
timeline playlist chapters question
on Jun 26, 2005 at 10:05:40 pm

Hi there

Here is a question which is totally baffling me at present. Firstly does anyone know how to order your timelines in encore because I have found out by trial and error that it is the order you make them in which is really stupid if that is the case. See what has happened is that I am getting confused becaused I have set up a playlist to be my play all function on my disc and wekll see it plays chapter 5,7,9,12,17,21 but the thing is thats fine but if you decided to go back from chapter 17 to chpater 12 on yhour dvd remtore by using previous chapter it goes to 16 is there any way or solution on how to deal with this because this is something I have just found out and if that is the case it is very annoying so if anyione out there that can suggest a better way of doing this please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Cheers Duane Horn

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: timeline playlist chapters question
on Jun 27, 2005 at 4:38:20 pm

There's no way to change this, Duane. Encore numbers your timelines in the order you create them. (Since Encore has no explicit setting for this, it is a logical way to do it.)

BTW, not all DVD players will skip to the previous timeline when you press the "previous chapter" button on your remote. Timelines (aka video streams, or video objects in true DVD parlance) are entirely different beings than chapters, and using the next/prev chapter buttons to go between them is not something defined by the DVD specificiation. Some DVD players will allow you to use the buttons to jump between timelines but not all do, so when you distribute your DVDs I wouldn't count on it working on everybody's machine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]