FORUMS: list search recent posts

Various error messages

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hall
Various error messages
on Jun 25, 2005 at 12:38:35 pm

Tim,

Thank you; you've been very helpful in my voyage towards learning Encore. I have thus far successfully created about 5 DVD's using Encore, and I absolutely love Encore - most of the time.

This morning before leaving for work, I attempted to create DVD folders for another movie I had apparently successfully authored. Everything worked fine in Preview, and I thought "Yes!". Anyway, when I checked the product prior to burning, I found 2 errors; both of which I have seen in the past. The first was "Menu Remote Not Set", and the second was "Title Remote Not Set". I have ignored them in the past with no apparent ill effects. I've googled the messages to death without finding a solution. How can I correct them?

And last, but not least, when I chose to ignore them and create the DVD folders anyway, after about a minute of processing, I got a message box stating "No Free Blocks (Engine Error - 16006)". Does that just mean my disk is low on space, which it is, or does it portend something more ominous?

Thanks again,

Phil H.

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: Various error messages
on Jun 26, 2005 at 8:54:02 pm

The messages about the missing remote settings should be considered warnings or reminders rather than errors. It is telling you that your DVD won't have an action for the menu and title keys on the remote control. You can make the setting for the "Menu Remote" in the Properties of each timeline. It can be set differently for each timeline, usually pointing back to the menu that the timeline was selected from. The "Title Remote" can be set on the Disc tab and link e.g. to the main menu.

The "16006" error is probably an indication that there is not enough free space on the harddisk used to build the DVD output on (you should have at least 10GB of free space for a single layer DVD project). You could also get this error if you are building a larger than 4GB disc image file on a FAT32 (instead of NTFS) formatted harddisk.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]