FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Transcode Question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik
Audio Transcode Question
by
on Jun 24, 2005 at 8:09:29 pm

Quick Question: Is there a way to transcode only the audio if the file is a video/audio file? Rather than re-encoding both the video and audio?

More indepth: We're working on a 5 DVD project. Each DVD contains one show from a live event. Each show needed editing. The shows were split up amonst 3 of us to edit, but I get to make all the DVDs. After editing, each person compressed an MPG 2 file with MP2 Audio (video and audio together). The plan is to use AC3 audio, but their compression tools don't allow it. Therefore, I get to transcode the audio to AC3 in Encore. Seemed simple, but . . .

Unfortunately, after going through the "Edit Project Transcode Presets" in Encore, I couldn't seem to figure out how to transcode only the audio from a mpg 2 file that has Video and Audio combined. Is this even possible? Am I missing something somewhere?

In hind-sight, it would have been much easier if they would have compressed mpg 2 files with Audio and Video separate but they didn't. So, before re-encoding the files (or figuring out if I can reencode the reencoded video in Encore with out adding artifacts, or using something like AVI demux to rip apart the audio and video files), I thought I'd ask the Creative Cow community if transcoding the audio from an mg2 audio/video file was possible?

Thank you very much.
Erik

Return to posts index

Erik
Re: Audio Transcode Question
by
on Jun 24, 2005 at 8:25:13 pm

Figured out a temporary plan. If Encore wont allow me to transcode only the audio, they're just going to send me audio files only and I can transcode them separatly and drop them in on the time line. Not sure what I was thinking when I was thinking that they'd have to reencode the entire project. Anyway, I tested the project in Encore and deleting the MP2 audio on the timeline will take away the giant audio file size and I can replace it with the AC3 audio.

So, if anyone knows if Encore will transcode only audio from a MPG 2 file with Audio/Video combined, I'd still like to know. If not, I have my reletivly quick fix.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]