FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Padding" a video

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hall
"Padding" a video
on Jun 22, 2005 at 7:43:20 pm

Tim,

Thank you for answering my question about adding an audio file to a DVD menu. Your advice worked perfectly. If I might, I have another two-part newbie question.

Virtually all of my DVDs are made from movies I record from TV with my DVD player, and after trimming, I author new DVDs. Quite often, the time between the end of the "Turner Classic Movies" lead-in is done and the actual start of the movie credits is negligible. Ditto with the end. I can create a blank screen to give myself and extra 3 to 5 seconds (or whatever amount of time I want), but how can I seamlessly integrate it into the start of the movie credits and set the amount of time it will run?

And a related question: I have a movie about 9/11 that I assembled from other TV shows. After playing it, I would like to run a picture of the Twin Towers for about 10 seconds; then have it fade out. Can you advise me on that one as well?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Phil H.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: "Padding" a video
on Jun 22, 2005 at 11:10:39 pm

Phil-

Much of what you're trying to do would be better accomplished in a video editing program, like Premiere Pro.

To be specific, the second question you asked about fading a video out, isn't possible in Encore. (It helps to remember that Encore's sole purpose is to author DVD's, not to edit video.)

Regarding the first question, you could create a new timeline in Encore and populate it with a simple still image (such as all black, or a picture of your choosing). Point the buttons on your menu to that timeline, and then set the action of that timeline to the timeline that contains the movie.

I assume you probably also want to trim off the Turner logo- Encore will let you do that (you might already know how, but I'll cover it anyway). Put your cursor over the start of the movie in the timeline, and the cursor should turn to a bracket icon. Click and drag to trim frames off the beginning. Unfortunately, it's not very accurate. See my earlier statement about using a video editor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]