FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie question - Adding audio

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hall
Newbie question - Adding audio
on Jun 20, 2005 at 6:18:12 pm

I have a question about Encore and I couldn't find any references to this exact question in the archives.

I would like to have audio file play while the menu is being displayed. The file I have is an mp3, but I can convert it, if necessary. I just want the file to play; then stop when the viewer makes a menu choice.

This has to be an easy one. I've seen references to it in the manuals, but they always refer to motion menus, and I'm not that far along yet. Can I just add the asset; then drag the pickwitch to the menu? Or do I drag the pickwitch for the timeline for the mp3 to the menu? Or is it something more involved?

Thanks,

Phil H.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: Newbie question - Adding audio
on Jun 21, 2005 at 4:53:05 pm

Simply drag the audio file on top of your menu, and Encore will associate it as a background audio file.

To be more specific, if you select your menu and then look in the Properties palette, you'll see a field called "Audio". When you drag and drop the audio file, this field should be populated with the name of the file. You can also use the pickwhip from this field to choose the file.

Technically, audio backgrounds are classified as part of a "motion" menu, so that's why you probably haven't run into the exact instructions yet.

An MP3 file should work fine, but if you have the original source as a WAV file I'd recommend that instead.

Return to posts index

Philip Hall
on Jun 21, 2005 at 5:25:05 pm

Tim,

Thanks for your response. Do I just drag the audio file out on to the menu, or drag it onto the icon for the menu in the Project window? I tried creating a timeline for the audio file (without dragging it out on the menu) but when I previewed the project, the audio file didn't play. Also, how can I make it loop, or continue to play?

Thank you,

Phil H.

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Jun 22, 2005 at 1:09:36 am

You're overcomplicating things. Just drag the audio file over the menu editor window when you have the menu open. Or use the pickwhip method as I described. Putting the audio in a timeline is not required.

There are looping options in the Properties palette when you have the menu open.

Return to posts index

Dan Asselin
on Jun 24, 2005 at 1:10:22 am

I read the responses you were getting to your question and I agree that using the pickwhip to associate an audio file with your menu is the most logical way. I would also suggest that when you are converting your file that you also edit in a small amount of silence at the beginning and at the end of your file. It keeps any of the delays in accessing or looping your file (inherent in DVD's and not your fault) from interfering with your audio file. Plus I think it is just better to give your viewer a chance to recognize the video before you hit them with the audio.Hope I don't confuse you.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]