FORUMS: list search recent posts

3rd Party Encoding?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Mart
3rd Party Encoding?
on Jun 20, 2005 at 2:38:54 pm

I have recently been offered access to a couple of different pieces of encoding software (Cinema Craft, TMPNEnc.) and I'm trying to find out if these might be better alternatives to Encore in terms of overall picture quality and encoding speed. Cinema Craft in particular seems to be a very high end product.

And, if so, what will the process be to import these "already encoded" assets into my Encore project?

Thanks,

Ron

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: 3rd Party Encoding?
on Jun 21, 2005 at 4:49:03 pm

There's nothing different you need to do to import assets from a different encoder. As long as they are DVD spec MPEG-2 files, just bring them in, drop them on the timeline, and away you go.

Return to posts index

John Hatcher
on Jun 23, 2005 at 5:14:58 pm

Cinemacraft will give you probably the best encode. Definitely better than using Encore to do it. Cinemacraft uses multiple pass encoding so the more passes you make over each frame, the better the image quality. It's like scanning a photo, one pass doesn't look as good as two. It takes forever to encode this way, but it's worth it. Usually it's about 6-10hrs for a 2hr video doing 6 passes (you can do up to 99) and 4Mb CBR.

Hope this helps,
J

Return to posts index

Ron Mart
on Jun 24, 2005 at 3:34:35 pm

Very nice, thank you for the info. I'm willing to spend the extra time on encoding if I know it's going to be worth the effort.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]