FORUMS: list search recent posts

bad image quality after importing mpeg2 in encore?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Raimann
bad image quality after importing mpeg2 in encore?
on Jun 20, 2005 at 11:13:53 am

hi first of all,

i created a 16:9 "slideshow like" presentation in after effects, text charts and images blend into each other, nothing spectecular. my problem is that the image quality decreases dramaticly if i import that into encore dvd?

-the first way was: i rendering uncompressed avi out of after effects and transcoded them in encore, but the image quality wasn't really good, everything looks compressed an blury.
-second way i tried was rendering jpeg (best qual) sequens and a wav file, using "TMPGEnc" encoder to create the mpeg. same results after importing in encore it looks compressed and blury.

the mpeg settings should be right, the max bitrate is close to 9 mbit, so as high as possible. the last things i tried is render a mpeg or mpeg-dvd out of after effects, stretch them in after effects to 720:576, with correct pixel aspect ratio, very high bitrate, the output mpeg looks quite good, but after importing in encore (without transcoding) the image quality doesnt looks better.

i use the main concept encoder withe the following settings:
quality: 5
tv standard: pal
fps: 25
field order: progressive
aspect ratio: 16:9

vbr 1 pass
min: 2,0000
target: 6,0000
max: 8,9000

m frames: 3
n frames: 15

is it possible that the poor image quality is a result from encore streching the mpeg to widescreen? should i use a higher minimun and target bitrate? has anybody a hint to improve the image quality?

thanks a lot greetz jan

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: bad image quality after importing mpeg2 in encore?
on Jun 20, 2005 at 8:03:48 pm

[Jan Raimann] "...the output mpeg looks quite good, but after importing in encore (without transcoding) the image quality doesnt looks better."

Jan,

Is Encore set to "Not Transcode" the imported MPEG-2 video? If not, Encore could be re-encoding the video which certainly won

Return to posts index

jan raimann
Re: bad image quality after importing mpeg2 in encore?
on Jun 21, 2005 at 10:10:42 am

hi,

im quite sure that i set it to "dont transcode". to be save i'll ceck that again. thank you for the good hint.

greets

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]