FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a DVD that runs easily on TV DVD players *and* computers... help!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim milina
How to make a DVD that runs easily on TV DVD players *and* computers... help!
on Jun 16, 2005 at 11:26:11 pm

okay here's my deal...

i made a DVD using my Adobe Encore 1.5 and from what *I* can see and test it works fine on my television top DVD player *and* on my computer using suitable DVD playing software (Power DVD). However... I have received complaints from viewers that it won't play on *their* computers.

Am I missing something here? Is there a special switch or setting to somehow 'universalize' my project? From what I remember doing when getting ready to build the disk there weren't any real usable 'settings' that might make a difference. Or, do I need to also burn on a 'parallel version' especially applicable to computers..? If so, how do I do that?

Yikes! That's enough questions already. Anyone have any answers or comments?

Thanks in advance.

...jim

Return to posts index

Michael W. Towe
Re: How to make a DVD that runs easily on TV DVD players *and* computers... help!
on Jun 17, 2005 at 1:30:19 am

Hi Jim,

What type of DVD media did you use? I have found that DVD-R is the most compatable to the most viewers.

Mike

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

jim milina
Re: How to make a DVD that runs easily on TV DVD players *and* computers... help!
on Jun 17, 2005 at 10:45:39 pm

YES. DVD-R IS MY FAV AS WELL.

Return to posts index

bpw
by
on Jun 23, 2005 at 6:25:45 pm

Media branding can also make a difference. I recently burned 10 DVD on Maxell media to give to my aunt. She could only play half of them, and she tried on 3 diferent makes of DVD players! I burned new copies of what she couldn't play onto Verbatim -R media, and she had no problems. btw, *all* of the media i burned I tested on my set top DVD player and they worked fine!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]