FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Angle ?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David
Multi Angle ?
on Jun 16, 2005 at 12:33:10 pm

I can't find any multi-angle feature in Adobe Encore 1.5.1? Is there any?
Is there a update with the multi-angle feature?

Greetings

David Nielsen

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Multi Angle ?
on Jun 16, 2005 at 2:13:20 pm

Encore does not currently support multi-angle.

If you would like to see this in a future version of Encore, please file a feature request at .

Regards,
Joe

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 16, 2005 at 2:14:25 pm

Whoops, looks like CC forums don't support anchor tags...try this instead:

http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html

Return to posts index

Ht Davis
on Aug 15, 2016 at 11:29:07 pm

I know this thread is old, but I can honestly say I've seen the Angle modifier in areas in Encore, but haven't figured out how to make use of it.
"Unsupported"--basically, they can't really help you with it, but it's there.
Since encore was mostly a bought engine with an adobe GUI, they haven't been able to do much with it in recent times. However, I've seen some Properties that sport an ANGLE tag. I wondered then if there was a way to import a second video\sequence to the timeline and work it as an alternate.
From the DVD spec, Alternate Angles was adopted pretty early, but only with low quality 540 video running at 4mbps max. Later, when more players had broader memory chunck support (about a year after the first DVD players were built for progressive video and 1.5 years after the first interlaced players-- in the US anyway), there weren't many big titles using it. However, it had expanded with the addition of Progressive video capability. Now, with 4 angles, you'll need some light overhead to maintain the stream, along with a second or two for the shift after the control is pressed. This means the player must load two chuncks of data at once into memory (usually it has about 9.4mbps for total bitrate of video, with chunks 1-4 megabytes in size; most players have 12-16 megabytes of active memory for the Java implementation and interface of the player--commonly 16). If you load two chunks of the whole video, you have 3-4 chunks of the data (video and audio are read into separate streams in memory, though from the same chunk file on disc). Using the Reference Movie VOB structure, the chapter or break points being aligned, and having a common audio make it easy to call up the same location in each movie angle, however, the chunks of pictures in the data have to be set up the same as well, so the calculation of the frames in the compression are similar. Changing angle happens at the next GOP, meaning that each GOP must be closed, occaisionally increasing the amount of data required for the same quality if there's a lot of motion.
Here's where it's not simple:
4 angles->each angle maxes out at 8mbps total bitrate (including audio)
5-9 -> each angle maxes out about 7.2mbps total bitrate(including audio)
It drops even further with more angles
The reason is simple; while the chunks of data are the same general size, the amount of data needed to play out a switch is 1 full gop from each. Since this takes up extraneous space in the reading of the disc, the read speed of any single video is slowed. With more options to choose from, the tracksplit on disc gets larger, and the read is even slower. I think this is actually built-into the auto track split feature for burning. If you bake your own transcodes, you should be able to designate a primary angle timeline, a secondary, and a tertiary. The disc flowchart should allow you to set that up easily enough. Make sure all chapter points are in the same locations(exact frame) and all video is the same format (interlace\progressive) for the same frames, and of course, the same audio needs to be a part of every track. When you designate other angles, you can apply a choice page for the DVD at the start, to prevent Orphaned files, and setting them on their own pathway. Changing the angle for the video allows the user to simply press the angle button and another timeline should play. This means the timelines are where you'd create multiple angles. Start with multiple timelines, set each to a different angle. Any chapters should be attached to all timelines with the chapter breaks pointing to the same time. When you burn the disc you should be able to switch angles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]