FORUMS: list search recent posts

pixel aspect ratio

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jopie
pixel aspect ratio
on Jun 14, 2005 at 8:02:10 am

Hi; Is it possible to change the pixel aspect ratio of my MENU in Adobe Encore or in Photoshop;

grtz

jopie

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: pixel aspect ratio
on Jun 14, 2005 at 2:07:52 pm

You can use different pixel aspect ratios in Photoshop CS. What is it that you want to do by changing the PAR?

Return to posts index

jopie
on Jun 14, 2005 at 2:24:07 pm

well; first i made all my menus in Photoshop (PAR square pixels) i ve imported my menus in Encore to make the dvd; aswell as my video footage (PAR dv 1.07) . In After Effects i made a movie to put before my first menu (so you get the feeling that the menu flies in) also in PAR dv 1.07 .

The result is : the moment between the fly in animation and the beginning of my menu, you can see the swiching between the 2 files (because of their different PAR s)

It would be the easiest if i could just change the PAR of my menus in my Encore or Photoshop projects, not in AE

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on Jun 14, 2005 at 8:21:40 pm

I don't think that this is a PAR issue, but rather the player switching from playing video to playing a still. One thing you could try would be to create a short video clip from the still and use that as background for a motion menu.

Another option which would give an even smoother transition from intro to menu would be to create a single clip with first the intro video and then the menu (including any buttons, except the button highlights) and use that as background for a motion menu. In the Properties of the motion menu set the Loop point to the time where the intro ends and the menu starts. This will cause the intro part to be played only once, while the menu part will loop. Plus the subpicture highlighting for the buttons will be delayed until after the loop point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]