FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with auto activating buttons ..?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike_S
Help with auto activating buttons ..?
on Jun 13, 2005 at 3:13:36 pm

Hi all

I'd like to try auto-activating a button, to link through to a second menu automatically on button selection. I've set it up as it appears it should be, selected the button, set auto-activate, previewed - and nothing happens - that is, selecting the desired button does not autoacitvate it, though it will work if clicked ... I've repeated this with different buttons and menus - same results, no joy.

What obvious mistake might I be making?

Anyone having success with auto activated buttons? Any tips on what I might try / might be overlooking ..?

Thanks for any ideas - bunging adobe

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Help with auto activating buttons ..?
on Jun 13, 2005 at 3:46:04 pm

http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm and download the Advanced tutorial #9, this should help you do what you wanna do.. tuts #5,6,7,8 of the advanced section also show the seperate procedures from start to finish using Photoshop, Premiere Pro and then Encore

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jun 13, 2005 at 7:01:27 pm

Thanks David.

Now I can get buttons to autoactivate, and see the results in the Encore preview - just so long as they are selected via the simulated remote, or via the arrow keys.

Selection of a button via the mouse does not result in the button then auto-activating ...

Am I missing something obvious here, or is this "normal". And if normal, how does that work out for people using software players to view a DVD disc on a computer - does auto-activation not work for them if they use the mouse to select / roll over buttons ..?

Thanks for all input.

Mike

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jun 13, 2005 at 7:19:30 pm

never ever use the mouse to test your menus.. this will result in an innacurate representaion of what is working right/wrong. always use the remote arrows on the Encore preview window.

One other tip is to give all your menus a specific name(type this name onto the menus), this way you will visually know what menu you are viewing when the "auto activate" feature is working. These temp menu names can be easily deleted once you are 100% sure that all is working as it should..

hope this helps.. and glad the tut helped also..

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on Jun 13, 2005 at 8:46:42 pm

[Mike_S] "Am I missing something obvious here, or is this "normal"."

This is normal. Software DVD players do not support the "auto activated" function of buttons when the viewer uses the mouse to make a selection.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]