FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Color Highlighting??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeffrey fitzgerald
Multi Color Highlighting??
on Jun 12, 2005 at 1:39:40 pm

I have made a highlight in a PSD layer, of a burning match stick. But after reading the manual it sounds like I can't make that appear when the user selects that button. Am I right that color is all I get?

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Multi Color Highlighting??
on Jun 12, 2005 at 3:31:18 pm

Encore allows the use of 2 highlight groups.. each with 3 colours, so in effect you can use 6 different colours. The tricky part would be to seperate the different colours of your image and then place those in their own seperate layers named(highlight=1,highlight=2,highlight=3). I have done a tutorial on using 3 seperate colours for highlights. check out tut#10 in the "Advanced" section of my website. http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm

it may point you in the right direction to get the work done.. hope it helps..

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jun 13, 2005 at 12:57:44 pm

Hi Jeffrey

That's how it reads in the manual, isn't it. Strange, in that other authoring tools allow for what you want to do. Encore seems to have stuck very closely to the DVD Forum formats and definitions, and is using the very restricted possibilities of the subpicture layer to highlight ...

I wonder whether an approach would be to set your button to auto-activate, and have it send you directly to a duplicate menu, but one that features your a copy of your button that uses the highlight layer as the graphic image ...?

All best

Mike

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jun 13, 2005 at 3:03:37 pm

Well that seemed like an idea ... so why can't I get auto activate to work with buttons AT ALL just now ... any thoughts? Anyone actually have auto activate working ok, and spotted some silly errors I might be making ..?

I guess I'll repost this as a new topic - in case it's missed down here.

Return to posts index

R. D. Hamilton
on Jun 13, 2005 at 3:05:13 pm

This sounds like a good workaround. Does anyone know how smooth the menu will flow using this methid. Will there be a lot of haning up and freezing between button moves?

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jun 14, 2005 at 7:31:26 am

It looks like menu response can be quite slick.

Another concern here thought is auto activation apparently not working in software DVD players (thread above) when selection is by mouse - as it quite often will be for people using a computer for DVD playback. I need to look into this more I think.

Plan C might involve a Photoshop action to separate a desired graphic layer into three layers - r, g, and b at a guess, using colour value and transparency to get a full colour image / the right result ... naming the three layers with the (=1) (=2) (=3) convention ... setting the colour set accordingly .... it might work. Anyone know if such an Action is out there, or is this a DIY experiment?

My recollection is that Minerva Impression allowed fast, slick use of alternate graphic images for highlighting, more in a web/rollover style ... so it must be possible.

Any more ideas ...?

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on Jun 14, 2005 at 2:14:02 pm

Authoring applications that appear to allow full color rollovers are doing the workaround technique for you. The same restriction with software DVD players applies.

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jun 14, 2005 at 2:39:38 pm

Thanks. I don't think there's any way I can come up with of using rgb-separated layers in Encore, so I guess this line is dead for me for now ..sadly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]