FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Menu PSD files.

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff Potter
Encore Menu PSD files.
on Jun 10, 2005 at 5:22:22 pm

I'm making a training DVD that works great in a powerpoint presentation. Converting it to Encore I have created a bunch of menus that seem to eat up alot of memory. Is there another way to make background screens other than menu files or psd's that link to each other when a "next" button is selected?

Is there a limited number of psd or menus you can have in a project?

Any sugestions appreciated.

-Cliff

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Encore Menu PSD files.
on Jun 11, 2005 at 12:24:00 pm

http://www.sitesled.com/members/doogs/downloads.htm and download the Basic tut #13 this may give you some insight into using backgrouds other than .psd files.. and i think that Encore will only allow 99 menus in any one project...(i think, so don't quote me on that..LOL)

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: Encore Menu PSD files.
on Jun 11, 2005 at 4:32:22 pm

Encore allows a maximum of 99 timelines in a project because each timeline ends up as a Video Title Set (VTS) on the DVD. And the DVD spec allows max 99 VTSs per DVD-Video disc.

There is no absolute maximum on the number of menus. The DVD spec sets a maximum of 1GB of menu content per disc. With still menus without audio it will be hardly possible to reach this, but with motion menus you can run out of space with somewhere in the region of 15 to 20 minutes.

A practical limitation can be that Encore may get sluggish if your projects contains several hundreds of menus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]