FORUMS: list search recent posts

links in encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shanan
links in encore
on Jun 9, 2005 at 1:05:24 am

I am creating a dvd in encore made up of about 70 avi which need to be linked via buttons, some will be looping and some will stop until the next button is pressed......when I render out the the DVD some of the links don't work, although they're linked in my project.....help!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: links in encore
on Jun 9, 2005 at 4:01:13 pm

shanan- When you say "linked via buttons", do you mean buttons on a menu, or are you using buttons on the remote control?

There are some limits as to how many buttons you can have on a single menu. I think the limit is 36, although 16:9 menus are even more limited (18 buttons?).

If you're using overrides, Encore also seems to have some sort of internal limit on the number of buttons that can link to a single timeline. (For example, if you have a menu transition video play when each button is pressed, then the timeline plays.) If memory serves, the limit was 42. If you have more than 42 buttons with overrides linked to a single timeline, it plays the timelines in the wrong order.

Return to posts index

Dan Asselin
Re: links in encore
on Jun 11, 2005 at 2:24:56 am

If you are using buttons to link these avi's then most likely you are rendering them as "motion menus". Encore can only handle a total of 1Gig of motion menus then it will cause an error.

As it get closer to 1 gig it may start causing the errors that you are seeing.

My suggestion is to make sure that your are importing these avi's as assets and access them from a few main menus with the avi automatically coming back to the main meu where its' link is after play.

Best

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]