FORUMS: list search recent posts

widescreen and standard clips in same project ..?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike_S
widescreen and standard clips in same project ..?
on Jun 8, 2005 at 11:34:43 am

Hi all,

I'm being asked to mix standard and widescreen clips in the same DVD / project, and am wondering what anybody thinks would be the best approach to this ..?

Thanks !

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: widescreen and standard clips in same project ..?
on Jun 8, 2005 at 3:26:39 pm

There's nothing special you need to do from a technical standpoint. Encore handles both types of clips in single project, and will set everything up for you automatically. The only question of how to handle them is aesthetics (how, or even if, to present the options to the user), and that's going to depend on your content and purpose.

Return to posts index

Michael D. Brown
on Jun 9, 2005 at 11:54:40 am

This brings up a very annoying practice on the part of many commercial DVDs. The movie is in widescreen anamorphic, but the "extra" features are often not. This requires me to reset my monitor from 16:9 to 4:3. Once I found the "bonus features" menu was 16:9 but only one choice was anamorphic.
Just a real pain.

Mike Brown
Video/Film Producer
American Heart Association

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Jun 10, 2005 at 8:37:20 am

Hi David

That troubles me a little too.

It feels "tidier" (if maybe a little anal-retentive?) to try to keep all the material consistent on a single format. I have my widescreen on auto mostly, and it's not nice when it keeps jumping
around - though there are worse things in life!

Our BBC here in the UK has a policy of filming in widescreen (16:9 of course), then converting everything to 14:9 for broadcast, so that the image is just a little squeezed for 4:3 / standard viewers (still the vast majority here i understand) and a little stretched for widescreen viewers.

I was wondering about a similar approach for this one ... ???

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]