video freezes when transcoded with encore 1.5

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pom
video freezes when transcoded with encore 1.5
by
on May 30, 2005 at 4:03:34 am

Hi!

I have a strange problem bugging me here...
I've made a 30 minute long video with 6 chapters and a simple menu with animated buttons. I have worked in Ulead media studio pro 7.0 and rendered it as an Mpeg file for Pal DVD. The rendered video looks fine when watched with media player but when I import it as an asset into encore the video freezes for about 15 seconds at a certain point. I have tried to import it again as an asset but it turned out the same. Then I tried to rerender the final video and imported it as an asset but the freeze point just moved 30 seconds backward in the timeline!

There is nothing strange at that point in the video. There's no overlay or transition that could bug the program, its just plain video.

I can hear the audio going in the background.

Anyone know what I should do?

Petri

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: video freezes when transcoded with encore 1.5
on May 30, 2005 at 11:06:04 am

Can you export from Media Studio as DV AVI instead of MPEG-2?

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on May 31, 2005 at 4:21:13 am

Yep!

I tried that and if the freeze point is still left it has moved to another place in the timeline. I'll check the whole video later today.

But I have another problem now... I rendered it with the aspect ratio 16:9 but encore changes it to 4:3? My aspect ratio chooser in properties is ghosted when I check the timeline? I've looked everywhere but can't find where to change it back to 16:9.

Thanks!

/Petri

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on May 31, 2005 at 2:59:48 pm

Encore will set the 16:9 or 4:3 according to the aspect ratio flag in the MPEG-2 file. If the flag has been set incorrectly by the encoder, you can use ReStream to change the flag without re-encoding.

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on May 31, 2005 at 4:31:29 pm

Thanks for the advice!

I found the file in the transcode folder where I have saved my encore project and changed the aspect ratio to 16:9 successfully.

What should I do after that? I opened the project again but the aspect ratio is still 4:3 in the timeline. I tried to burn it but there was no change.

/ Petri

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on May 31, 2005 at 6:01:46 pm

Hi again!

I noticed that restream made a second file in the transcode folder. I still don't know what to do with the file though. I tried to delete the original file and rename the restreamed file with the exact same name but it still doesn't work out for me =(

/ Petri

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on May 31, 2005 at 8:33:42 pm

Pom,

I'm afraid I don't understand your workflow: I thought you had an existing MPEG-2 file (encoded outside Encore) that should have been interpreted as 16:9 but wasn't. If you would set the 16:9 flag for such a file with the help of ReStream, it should be recognized correctly by Encore.

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on Jun 1, 2005 at 4:29:05 pm

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear enough.

I'll try again =)

I started out by encodeing my project in MSP 7.3 as an MPEG file in widescreen. Encore imported the file without no problems as 16:9. But encore froze the video for about 15 seconds after about 4 minutes. Then I rerendered the MPEG file in MSP 7.3 and the "freeze point" moved 10 seconds backwards in the timeline (still freezing about 15 seconds with audio going on in the background).

Then I did as you suggested. I rendered my project all over again but this time as PAL DV 16:9. As far as I can see the video works out fine in encore (no freeze) but as I imported my DV file as an asset, encore changed the aspect ratio to 4:3 although it should be in 16:9 as the rendered AVI file is when viewed in mediaplayer.

/Petri

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on Jun 1, 2005 at 10:53:16 pm

Thanks for the added info. What should work for a DV AVI file is: Select the clip in the Project window, go to File | Interpret Footage, choose Conform to: Widescreen and finally drag the AVI to a timeline.

Return to posts index

Pom
by
on Jun 3, 2005 at 4:52:44 pm

Aahhh... Finally I can relaxe!

Thanks alot for the help!

I read about the interpret footage in encore help but that option was ghosted too when I looked at it first. I had to revert the DV AVI file to original before I could change the setting. After that I thought I was in trouble again because the sound and video was all jerky... But I erased everything except my menu and started all over again by importing the DV AVI file as an asset and conformed it as widescreen and put the chapters where they were suppoed to be and then built the project.

It all ended up fine after all the hard work (for just a 30 minute PR movie).

Thanks again for the help!

/ Petri

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]