FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intro Animation to Menu loop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
victorypoint
Intro Animation to Menu loop
on May 25, 2005 at 3:14:41 pm

I'm having a frustrating time with an intro animation that blends into the main DVD menu. The animation video/audio was created in PPro 1.5, 1:05:08 long, exported as uncompressed AVI with uncompressed audio. In Encore DVD 1.5 the AVI animation is pick-whiped as both background audio and video to my main menu, with a loop point at 00;39;27. The menu previews fine in Encore and the looping works fine. However, when I export to DVD and play it, the animation stops right at the loop point - I then need to hit play on the DVD remote to play the looping menu. Why is the menu stalling at the loop point? The audio and video are exactly the same length since they're coming from the same AVI. I also have "optimize stills" turned off in PPro.

Any help solving this is greatly appreciated.
-AJ

Return to posts index

Roadkill
Re: Intro Animation to Menu loop
on May 25, 2005 at 5:42:02 pm

What have you set as "Duration" and "Loop #" in the menu Properties?

Return to posts index

victorypoint
on May 25, 2005 at 6:39:28 pm

Hi Roadkill. Duration was filled in by Encore when I pick-whipped the audio and video background - 1:05:08. I have Loop # set to forever.

In PPro, I have the audio and video starting at 1 second in at 00:01:00. I thought maybe this was causing the problem so I filled in the gap with 1 second of black video and re-exported the AVI. Well, this appears to have fixed the problem in Encore. Very strange. Why would Encore be picky about the 1 second gap in PPro?

-AJ

Return to posts index

R. Hewitt
on May 26, 2005 at 8:03:26 am

Unfortunately Encore treats a blank space as 'nothing' and although it plays fine - mostly - within Encore, any black that is needed needs to be added. Seems pretty dumb when it isn't a requirement of Prem Pro and many, many other editing apps.

Return to posts index

victorypoint
on May 26, 2005 at 12:29:17 pm

Geez, I wish I knew that before I killed several hours figuring it out. Is this a documented limitation of Encore or a reported bug?

-AJ

Return to posts index

R. Hewitt
on Jun 6, 2005 at 11:04:25 am

I think it's a 'feature'. I don't remember this happening in Encore 1. Either way it is an unwanted feature for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]