Just successfully completed firmware updates on both my NX70U's. My oldest cam started as v1.00 and the newer one at v2.00 and both updated to v3.01. A couple of observations:
- The update does a hard reset so remember your custom settings as they will default to factory settings
- Operation (run) time appears to reset to 0 hours. This can be a good thing depending on how much time you have on the cam
- Yes, the new slow speed rocker setting is better than "fast only", although not ideal
- Using the LCD zoom button in the "slow" setting yields a VERY slow zoom
- Using a "remote" zoom control seems to be uneffected and works as before
- All the other new features appear to be there although I have not spent time experimenting with them
Thanks for the reply Brad. Now downloaded and updated successfully. Zoom does seem a lot better, maybe a little too slow! Simultaneous record is vital when shooting for money! It’s like a brand new camera!
I may have run across an issue while trying the other new features. Specifically, I was experimenting with the "Assign" button and set it so the Photo button on top of the camera was re-assigned to become a "Last Scene Review" button instead. This worked fine until I tried to re-set the Photo button back to be the Photo button. Now there is an icon in the middle of the LCD indicating that the photo feature is disabled. This happened on both my cameras. I realize there are some settings that inhibit taking photos during video, such as "simultaneous record". The camera will still take photos when the mode switch is changed to "photo", but not in the "movie" mode or (dual record function). I tried re-booting the camera; no help.
Have you seen this. I don't know if I'm experiencing operator error or if there is something in the firmware update.