FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS5 audio not recording meters slash

COW Forums : Sony Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Larger
FS5 audio not recording meters slash
on Sep 4, 2019 at 3:55:41 pm

Hello,

I am a new user to the FS5, but long time Sony user. I had wireless mic running on channel one and on-board camera mic going to channel two. I had been recording and monitoring both channels during active drill. I believe I bumped some menu switch because I lost audio (recording and monitoring) to both channels. When looking into viewfinder, my meters had a circle with a slash through it (prohibition symbol) and stopped recording audio. Has anyone ever seen this before and how did I engage it?
My battery ran out shortly after and when I switched to a new one, the audio was there and the meters were active again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Joe Larger
Arizona Department of Transportation

Return to posts index

turner pollard
Re: FS5 audio not recording meters slash
on Nov 21, 2019 at 8:11:30 pm

Hey, I have the exact same problem. Have tried various mics and adjusted the inputs/levels/checked the settings for how the audio was routed. Always a red slash though the audio meter.

Any update/solution?

Return to posts index

Joe Larger
on Nov 21, 2019 at 8:52:47 pm

Have not had the issue since, so to answer your question, no. If it shows up again, I will let you know. Will try the tried and true method of turning off/on and replacing the battery.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Dec 27, 2019 at 3:59:32 pm

You hit the S&Q button. That engages the slow and quick mode which doesn't allow audio recording. You can dial in the frame in S&Q, so it is possible it was set to the record the same frame rate as your normal recording. It would not appear any different in the viewfinder other than disabling the audio. When you switched batteries it would revert back to normal mode.

Jeremy Doyle
silentshoutproductions.com

Return to posts index

Joe Larger
on Dec 27, 2019 at 5:47:02 pm

Jeremy, Thank you so much for the response. I will share with the other members of our team.
Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]