FORUMS: list search recent posts

case for FS7

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
case for FS7
on Dec 5, 2017 at 5:59:09 pm

How are you carrying your FS7 around? I'm using an old Betacam case but would like to find something that enables me to keep at least the lens and handgrip attached. Ideally small enough to carry on and fit in the overhead compartment.

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: case for FS7
on Dec 5, 2017 at 10:14:12 pm

There's a fantastic Porta-Brace padded soft case that fits the FS7 perfectly. Unfortunately, I don't know the model number--I used it on another producer's shoot with his rig, and didn't think to check the case. It is NOT their RigFS7 case, which I think is likely too short for most zoom lenses.

Return to posts index

leslie wand
on Dec 6, 2017 at 4:57:37 am

are you looking for a shipping case?

i've utilised a variety of pelikan (off the shelf from hardware stores) and had them custom fitted for everything from stills to video camera with matt box attached.

eg:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/brands/p/pelican

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Dec 6, 2017 at 8:27:06 pm

Hi Blaise, Leslie:

Thank you. I'm looking for a case I can take on the plane, or in a vehicle. I'm willing to remove accessories for the sake of a smaller case; the Porta Brace "RIG" allows you to keep the viewfinder, lens, and handgrip on, but at the cost of a very large case.

priorities:

1. MUST be able to keep a lens on the camera; the biggest one I use is the Sony 18-110 zoom.
2. PREFER to have enough vertical space to keep a medium-sized shoulder mount on the bottom of the camera. (Currently the Zacuto VCT - possibly will change this but the footprint will be similar.)
3. PREFER to keep handgrip (folded up is okay) on camera.
4. WOULD LIKE (but can live without) to be able to keep viewfinder on camera.

Also: sometimes I have to take a short drive for repositioning, and would like to be able to plop the built-up camera in a case, even if it is "hanging out" a bit.

Thanks! Very curious what other FS7 users are doing.

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]