FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony FS7 mxf file weird issue. Need assistance asap!

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Stieve
Sony FS7 mxf file weird issue. Need assistance asap!
on Oct 27, 2017 at 2:52:51 am
Last Edited By Brian Stieve on Oct 27, 2017 at 2:53:33 am

Hello,

I filmed 9 brief interviews on a fs7. I converted some to mp4 for a client to be able to view them with ease. Now when i go back to the videos, all the MXF files but one work perfectly fine.

The one in question is a 5 minute 36 second file. The video plays back perfectly fine until 1 minute 7 seconds in, and then the video freezes.

I tried on both mac and pc, and when dropping the file into premiere, the waveform cuts off at 1:07.

However, the mp4 i converted is the full 5 minute 36 second clip.

Any ideas what could have caused this, and how to fix it?

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: Sony FS7 mxf file weird issue. Need assistance asap!
on Nov 28, 2017 at 10:46:32 am

Hi,
just a guess - but Sony has been moving ahead with standards compared to Premiere Pro's ability to implement them. Not by much but enough to cause occasional problems. Does the mxf file play correctly in Catalyst Browse (free download from Sony) ? If it does the clip is ok.

A way around is to trans code the clip. If you have CC you can test with Media Encoder to put it in another high end format and then even try trans coding back to Mxf (with a content type you can handle). An alternative is Handbrake.
The reason this *might* work is that the Application that is parsing the essence might have a different approach to handling what it perceives as an error. So one might plough on where the other gives up (e.g. hangs, green screen ...).
This process might not result in a perfect copy but it is the pragmatic option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]