FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repairing Corrupted XAVC SHD files from FDR AX100

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony TerBorg
Repairing Corrupted XAVC SHD files from FDR AX100
on Oct 25, 2017 at 7:06:48 am

I am hoping someone has some current advice on this topic as past replies I have seen here and elsewhere have not seemed to apply or fix the issue.
I have some XAVC SHD (Sony 4K format) files from a recent shoot done with an FDR AX100. Typical story, battery died while rolling and files did not close properly. When the camera was reinitiated, it asked if I wished to repair files and I said yes. It ran through the op but when I tried playing it back in camera the files did not play. When I transferred to a computer (WIndows 10 and Premiere CC 2017) I get a WIndows player encountered an error message and PRemiere just freezes trying to import.
I have tried the following on backups of the files:
1. Easedatra, Recuva and a couple of other data recovery software geared towards fixing corrupt video files. No results.
2. Sony repair tool (would not run repair as it would not recognize the SD card which is a Sony SF-64UY)
3. Rerunning through camera (does not see backfiles though file structure is the same)

So I can see files. I can see file size is correct. I just can't fix whatever the corruption issue is (headers, meta, etc)
Has anybody had any good results with this issue and can you pass on your path to recovery?
Thanks in advance for any help.
T

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
Re: Repairing Corrupted XAVC SHD files from FDR AX100
on Oct 30, 2017 at 3:33:33 pm

Tom,

I have successfully used Aero Quartet (repair@aeroquartet.com) to fix corrupted KiPro footage. There is in-place a FREE process of sending some of the footage to them to check and see if they can fix it. If they can they will send you software to repair for a nominal charge.

Good Luck

Jim

Return to posts index

Tony TerBorg
Re: Repairing Corrupted XAVC SHD files from FDR AX100
on Nov 2, 2017 at 3:43:55 am

Thanks for the link. I will check with them about repairing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]