FORUMS: list search recent posts

PXW-X70 Picture Quality

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Scott Rouse
PXW-X70 Picture Quality
on Sep 15, 2017 at 7:19:34 pm

Hello all,

I am new to the forum so if this has been addressed please let me know when I can go to see it. I just shot an interview with 2 cameras one was a PWX-X70 and the other was a PXW-FS5. I used the same picture profile (Profile 6). I also had the db and iris set the same. Now when I look at the two in my editing monitor I see a large difference between the two. The x70 has a bit of green and it looks like it has some noise in the darks and it also looks a bit soft. (I did have focus peaking set to both and they were in the focus I wanted.) When I look at the FS5 It looks sharp no noise and no real green hue to it. What are some things I can look at going forward that I may have done wrong or how I can improve the x70 camera. Also what is the best way to try to match both cameras.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: PXW-X70 Picture Quality
on Sep 15, 2017 at 11:50:39 pm

You're not likely to match the cameras just by using the same number profile.
I'd recommend using a proper video color test chart and use a profile as default on one camera and modify the other to match. You'd probably want to look at output on scopes.

Otherwise shoot the chart on location and match them in post creating a setting you can apply to the shots.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]