FORUMS: list search recent posts

ex-3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
will primrose
ex-3
on Sep 4, 2017 at 5:50:38 pm

I'm still using my ex-3 for a lot of stuff that I do. while I'm not really a camera op, I'm more into gear and lights, I still use it to shoot my own personal projects. is anyone else still using them or has everyone gone to 4k.... My friend at a video store didn't recommend a 4k camera for me as as he says, what would I use it for.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: ex-3
on Sep 4, 2017 at 6:56:12 pm

Had an EX1 and sold it and bought an X70 a while back.
I still generally deliver 1080 but I use 4K for shot reposition and stabilization in post.

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Sep 4, 2017 at 7:46:41 pm

I still have my Sony EX-3....and it is still working today. Also, I have married it to a Atomos Samurai Blade....as it turns out, this is a very good combo....so, I would hang on to it as 4K is here, but there is a lot of "2K" work out there.

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

leslie wand
on Sep 4, 2017 at 11:57:32 pm

obviously depends on what your clients want. in my case i'm still shooting with my ex1 and have no intentions of changing till either clients demand (unlikely since i'm rurally based now) or the camera gives up the ghost - hopefully equally unlikely.
and it's not just changing camera to move to 4k; my i7 4770k and 980 card handle camera files with ease, storage is no problem, and neither is calibrated monitoring (vegas and resolve).
there's a limit to how much i want to spend on ever changing technology - and to be honest, i'm just a tad bored with it all by now ;-)

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Sep 5, 2017 at 2:18:24 pm

Well I do hear you.... last week I was in Houston covering the hurricane "event" for ABC News.....at the hotel a SUV pulled up and it was a cameraman out of Dallas that I have not seen for a while....as he was getting his gear out...he told me that he was working for "Good Morning America" and maybe for "World News Tonight" doing live shots....to by surprise... he pulled out a Sony EX-3...I asked him "your using that camera....he responded...Yes and the network has no problem me using it"....as a owner of a EX-3 ( I was doing sound work)...I was very surprised.

so there is life in some cameras.....

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Sep 8, 2017 at 7:51:16 am

I too sold my wonderful EX 1
because I thought that the more modern sensors were more flexible regarding poor light. I bought the PXW-Z150 and although it shoots 4K I still work in HD. I was right about the light. You can ramp gain up to 15db and still get great pictures, whereas, with the EX cameras this would be unacceptable. Otherwise, the EX 1 and 3 are great cameras.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]