FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM BPAV files convert to .mov....a program that does this.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Griffin
XDCAM BPAV files convert to .mov....a program that does this.
on Jun 18, 2017 at 12:22:45 am

hello all...

I need some help...I still shoot raw xdcam 35mbps files for a good client that edits on Final Cut Pro...as I have done in the past, I convert the files to .mov using Content Browser/Final Cut Pro 6 on my Mac Book Pro...but I have found out that the current MAC OC system will not support Content Browser 2.4 ....So if I upgrade, my MAC Book Pro....no more using Content Browser to "convert" the xdcam files...also, I have Catalyst Browse on my MAC...but its too slow to convert the files ( it took 58 mins to convert 17 mins of footage) and too big for the client...hence I still use Content Browser....

So is there a program out there that I can install on my Mac Book Pro that will do the same job? convert xdcam to .mov?

It would be nice if the program is free...but any ideas out there?

Thanks for your help....

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: XDCAM BPAV files convert to .mov....a program that does this.
on Jun 18, 2017 at 6:39:48 pm

Yes, there is good software to solve your problem, it's called EditReady. Now that I'm shooting the Sony XAVC codec I needed a converter and was advised to use EditReady. I find it very good indeed and pretty quick. The only snag is that you can't select sections of a clip before converting and importing. It is not free but costs somewhere near $50 so shouldn't break the bank.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: XDCAM BPAV files convert to .mov....a program that does this.
on Jun 20, 2017 at 1:06:52 am

Hello Mr. Slowe,

Many thanks for your recommendation...I just downloaded the free trial...and it worked. I hope it will work with the new OC upgrade from MAC, which I will do later in the week....but we will see....Cheers and have a good week.

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]