FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS7markII

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Rider
FS7markII
on May 23, 2017 at 12:58:55 am

I'm a new FS7markII owner. I often have to shoot in Custom Mode and give clients media at the end of the day.
No matter what I do with the Gamma settings my camera image looks flat in Custom mode. My histogram is also flat and unhealthy. Please assist me if you know what setting may be turned on/off, I'm starting to regret my purchase.

Many thanks,
FilmFool

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: FS7markII
on May 23, 2017 at 1:35:28 pm

Hi,
just a suggestion for you, you will have to confirm for yourself whether this is the problem!

The FS7 has a problem such that if you normally have it set to CineEI/SLog*, then switch to Custom mode it will change some settings but remember the SLog2/3 setting.

You can confirm this by looking at a clip you recorded in Custom Mode in Catalyst Browse (or similar software that can read all the metadata on the clip). It will let you know what format the clip was recorded in.

If this is the problem, the best solution is to set the camera to all the Custom Mode settings you require, then save that configuration using the FILE MENU > All File and name that configuration as your custom format. Similarly do one for CineEI.

If you post a small clip somewhere I will have a peek at it.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: FS7markII
on Jul 11, 2017 at 1:56:53 am

Don't own one but looked into it. I remember reading that they have a preset in LUT 3?? If so the review included some shots straight out the cam and they looked really good.

Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic HPX250P, FCP X 10.3, teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]