FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Content Browser 2 doesn't work with new MAC OS 10.12.4 update....Update

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Griffin
Sony Content Browser 2 doesn't work with new MAC OS 10.12.4 update....Update
on May 1, 2017 at 3:09:41 pm

Hello all....

Any update on this issue? I still use Content Browser to transcode raw BPAV files into .mov for Final Cut Pro. But I do need to update my Mac, but I don't want to loose the use of CB2, as I have paid for it.

Any feedback would be helpful....

many thanks...

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony Content Browser 2 doesn't work with new MAC OS 10.12.4 update....Update
on May 2, 2017 at 3:55:41 pm
Last Edited By Craig Seeman on May 2, 2017 at 3:58:29 pm

Catalyst Browse is compatible with Sierra (10.12.x) so why would you need Content Browser?

Compare features
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/catalystbrowse/compare

Return to posts index

Les Wilson
Re: Sony Content Browser 2 doesn't work with new MAC OS 10.12.4 update....Update
on Jun 28, 2018 at 3:05:48 pm

Unless I'm missing the feature someplace (I looked), Catalyst Browse doesn't allow copying files from multiple cards into a single folder. It throws an error saying there's already video in the folder. It's a fundamental capability of Content Browser to wrangle your footage from multiple SxS cards into a folder on your workstation.

Return to posts index

Les Wilson
on Jun 28, 2018 at 3:23:13 pm

UPDATE: It's a bug in Catalyst Browse. As we all know, XDCAM creates the BPAV folder structure for everything. You have to drag/drop the second file into the BPAV folder (unlike Content Browser that's smart enough to understand the XDCAN folder structure).

The bug is that sometimes, after dragging the first file into a new folder, Catalyst Browse does not let you un-twist the new folder to reveal the BPAV sub folder. I had to quit and reopen CB in order to access the BPAV folder. YMMV

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 3, 2017 at 11:10:17 pm

I think you have to choose whether to keep Content Browser and your older OS, or upgrade and try EditReady or Catalyst Browse.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on May 4, 2017 at 3:59:40 pm

OK guys....I still have some clients that want me to shoot on 35mbps....which I do on the sxs cards....then I have to convert these files to .mov for FCP10....I use Content Browser for this purpose and it has served me well over the years.

So, I am not that familiar with Catalyst Browse....I do have it...

so how do I convert BPAV files to normal .mov?

any help would be nice...as I can't get the Sony Help Desk in New Jersey to call me back....

Many thanks...........

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]