FORUMS: list search recent posts

best bang for the buck Sony camcorder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
best bang for the buck Sony camcorder
on Feb 12, 2017 at 11:15:39 pm

The Sony A7S/R mirrorless cams are getting a lot of attention as having perhaps the best image quality for video short of an Alexa. After looking into it, I find the Sony FS7 line and perhaps the Sony 55 and F5 lines? have similar sensors. Obviously form factors and ergonomics vary with price. Looking for a complete camcorder kits for under $20,000 each. I also have a nice collection of Canon cinema lenses that I use on a Canon Mark lll and am upgrading to a mark lV. Also fits an URSA which is a brick of a camcorder and really requires a lot of light. But does get nice shots.

This is where I'm at; just asking around. Hoping the cow folk could throw in their suggestions for the best image quality and production friendly camcorders in the under $20,000 bracket including a zoom lens but can use the cinema lenses and all the add ons the new stuff seems to need. I plan to get a couple of Atomos recorders when shooting 4K.

I plan to get a couple of the Sony As7/R mirrorless cams regardless just cause it would make a great low weight travel cam. But waiting for feedback on the possibilities for heavier investments.

PS I posted on the Cinematography forum as well. Not to be a pain but in a hurry cause I need to get funding proposal in.

PPS: would be used for short form cinema style films and well as docs and music vids and events.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]