FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PXW Z150 HD output during QFHD recording

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Byker James
Sony PXW Z150 HD output during QFHD recording
on Dec 18, 2016 at 3:11:35 pm

Hi -

Does anyone know if it's possible to output video via SDI or HDMI when recording QFHD with the Sony PXW Z150? There's a setting for video output in the menu that I can set to 1080p or 1080i, but when I hit record, my external monitor goes black if I'm recording QFHD. If I'm recording HD, this doesn't happen. I've tried this with both SDI and HDMI outputs.

I'm using a SmallHD 702 lite, which doesn't take QFHD signals, so I'm trying to determine if a monitor that DOES display QFHD would make a difference, or if it's just a limitation of the camera. I can't find any info on this in the manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

- Bruce

Return to posts index

Bruce Byker James
Re: Sony PXW Z150 HD output during QFHD recording
on Dec 19, 2016 at 2:20:44 pm

I figured it out! Apparently, the camera can EITHER display video on the onboard monitor OR send it to an external monitor during 4k recording. You select this in Menu - Rec/Out set - Video Out - Output Select - QFHD Rec Output. The choices are "VF/LCD Panel," or "External Output." If you choose External output, HD video will be sent out to whichever output you've selected (HDMI or SDI), but not to the onboard viewfinder or LCD panel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]