FORUMS: list search recent posts

X160 camcorder - how does the power supply attach??

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Roberts
X160 camcorder - how does the power supply attach??
on Dec 1, 2016 at 5:27:04 pm

It must be me being incredibly stupid, but how does the supplied AC adapter (BC-U1) attach the camera? I lift the flap to the right of the battery that says 19.5V, go to insert the cable that runs off the BC-U1 (which I charge batteries in) and it just does not fit! Refuses to go in no matter how I twist it round.

Reading online it looks like it`s the standard supplied charger, so either there is another slot I cant locate, or I am being stupid.

Please can anyone with an X160 (or X180) point me in the right direction. I want to upgrade the firmware, and cant do it without power attached.

Many thanks,

Dave

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: X160 camcorder - how does the power supply attach??
on Dec 2, 2016 at 9:33:11 am

Dave,
the manual says you can't use the battery charger, the BC-U1 or BC-U2. You have to use the supplied ACDP-060S01.

That seems to be used on many Sony bits and pieces, not just cameras.

See this document: http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/support/attachment/1237493097657/1237493098233/op....

Page 17/18

Hope you didn't throw that away when you got the camera :-(

Return to posts index

Dave Roberts
on Dec 2, 2016 at 9:59:04 am

Mark,

Firstly, thank you very much mate for not telling me off 😉 A serious case of RTFM and you were very polite about it, and solved my issue. I had looked online at Sony and my supplier and it does mention the BC-U1 would power it, so I was adamant I had a freak!!

I checked my bag, nothing and instantly thought I had been diddled, but into the loft I go and BINGO, there it was top of the box still nicely wrapped.

Anyone else that cant be bothered to read the manual, dont bother Mark, to charge the X160 (or X180) dont use the battery charger, use the laptop style brick that is still in the box, in your loft....or in the local dump!!

Top man, thanks Mark.

Dave

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Dec 2, 2016 at 12:18:46 pm

Hi Dave,

actually I blame Sony! I think the idea of having that extra charger is great but I would have expected it to be compatible.
A bit like the square and round co2 scrubbers in Apollo 13 ☹

Still I'm sure it was done for a good reason.

mark

Return to posts index

Dave Roberts
on Dec 3, 2016 at 4:50:22 pm

On the plus side, firmware upgrade of X160 from V2.00 to V3.10 went without an issue, and camera is much more responsive!!

On previous version, the lag was painful even just moving from one option to the next, now it`s as it should have been, with no lag.

After a year using the X160, have to say much prefer the EX1 still.

Dave Roberts
Concept Filming
Didcot,
OXON

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]