FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 powers up blurry when hot

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Johnson
EX1 powers up blurry when hot
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:01:04 pm

I've had this EX1 camera for a good five years now. In the past month it has four times powered up with a blurry image from the camera. It's only after the camera is hot and been running for over an hour. It only enters this unusable state upon a power up. So I can film for hours fine, even after its hot, but it screws up when powering up in the hot condition. After an hour cooling off, it will power up and be fine -- as long as I don't power cycle it. I can change batteries by plugging the EX1 into the power supply while I swap a discharged battery for a fresh one.

I have images of before and after should anyone want me to post that.

Has anyone else encountered this ?

Help !

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: EX1 powers up blurry when hot
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:21:33 pm

Is the image blurry in the viewfinder, the LCD and the recording? Or just 1 of those?

Steve

Return to posts index

Sam Johnson
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:28:11 pm

It is a 3-chip registration issue. So it is on the recorded chip file as well as both viewfinders. Appears to be occurring during the init process at power up, with no way to overcome it except to shut cam off for an hour.

It will never be bad during hours of taping, only goes and stays bad after the 'bad' init.

Return to posts index

Sam Johnson
on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:50:45 pm

g2.jpg
bad.jpg
g1.jpg

Return to posts index

Sam Johnson
on Oct 29, 2016 at 2:58:34 pm

Under a hunch I tried this ...

When the camera was running for an hour, hot and fine, I cycled the power and the bad condition started. I then turned off the Image Stabilizer in the menu. No help. Power cycled again, no help.

A big nevermind on that one. But to note that it has been eliminated from consideration now.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Oct 29, 2016 at 7:58:50 pm

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/142/882844

It's worth a shot.

-Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]