PXW X160 Restore Media Issue

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Reis-Mueller
PXW X160 Restore Media Issue
on Oct 11, 2016 at 3:17:30 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with my PXW x160.

When I wanted to import the files recorded today on a 64 GB Sony SxS Card to my Macbook, the card in Slot B didn´t show up in the finder on my computer. I then activated the Write Protect switch, in order to protect the files. Then the camera said the media on the card had to be restored. I started the restore-process (after enabling WP) but now it has been restoring fopr more three hours and is still going. Is it normal for a restore process to take that long? Or should I abort the process and do sth else?
The Card is a Sony 64GB SxS Card, with about 80 minutes of 130 available shot.

I am really forward for help because I need this footage.
Best regards
Michael

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: PXW X160 Restore Media Issue
on Oct 14, 2016 at 9:18:00 am

Hi Michael,

You didn't say if this is first card you tried to read on this mac ?

Do you have the card formatted as UDF? Did you know about the UDF driver for mac?
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/sxsudfdriver

In theory, at least, Sony can recover data on an SxS card. It is probably not cheap but worth a try if nothing else you have tried will work.

good luck
mark

Return to posts index

Michael Reis-Mueller
on Oct 14, 2016 at 10:27:37 am

Hello,

I have imported from this card to the Mac before and had always formatted the card in the camera.

I found a solution to my problem. After 4 hours of "Restoring" I switched of the power of the camera. Afterwards I was able to copy the files in question from the card to the Mac (import via XDCAM Transfer didn´t work though.) I have then formatted the card and now it is working again.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Oct 14, 2016 at 3:49:34 pm

glad that all worked out.

I just noticed the X160 does not support UDF anyway, so forget the driver unless you have other PMW cameras.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]