Underexposed Sony FS7 SLOG 3 - looking for workflow

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Sanderson
Underexposed Sony FS7 SLOG 3 - looking for workflow
on Sep 8, 2016 at 9:55:23 am

Hi there,

I've done a bad one...

I made the mistake of being under prepared and ready for a major interview.

I filmed on my FS7 in SLog 3, and underexposed it.

Please can someone provide a clear workflow as to how to manipulate this footage to improve it.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2015.

Your support and advice is highly appreciated, unfortunately it's not possible to re-shoot.

kind regards,

Max

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: Underexposed Sony FS7 SLOG 3 - looking for workflow
on Sep 14, 2016 at 8:18:48 am

Hi,
did you have any luck sorting this out?

I suppose it all depends on how "underexposed" it was. The quick test on PPro are the controls on the lumetri color panel. You could bring up the exposure and see if you can recover enough. Also did you know how to find the Sony LUTs ? it may look better after viewed when viewed afterwards.

Also this may not be the best forum for this sort of question. There is a Premiere Pro forum on Creative Cow, and naturally Adobe have one as well. Also the best FS7 forum is the Sony community forum for the FS7: http://community.sony.com/t5/FS7/bd-p/FS7

If you post a short clip on dropbox or similar I will have a look and see if I can recover anything.

Return to posts index

Sachin Singh
Re: Underexposed Sony FS7 SLOG 3 - looking for workflow
on Apr 3, 2017 at 9:03:33 am

Shot on the SONY FS7 on Slog3 at EI 2000 and converted the shots on set using Resolve 12.5 to Apple Prores 422 because the editor uses FCP. There was a heavy amount of graphics to be superimposed in post so the exposures were very critical. Turn around time was very critical because we would not get much time for CC and grading in a studio. EI 200 gives 6 stops in HL and also covers the shadow areas very well. Works very well.
Alternately I have also tried the ACES workflow and it works too, despite a few crashes.
The funny thing on the FS7 is when I had to shoot on 50p then I would not get SDI out and had to go into the menu and change the settings to output on 50i. So I was filming on 50p but SDI OUT was 50i. Quite a bug.
I will post the converted and CC file next.

Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has arrived

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]