FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony NX5U Issue - Error E:62:10

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Wilson
Sony NX5U Issue - Error E:62:10
on Aug 21, 2016 at 3:02:42 pm

Hi all,

Since updating my NX5U to the 4.0 firmware in March, I have been having some issues with my Sony HXR-NX5U camcorder. I am getting the E:62:10 error message, in other words, strange and significant cropping of the lens, loud humming of the internal mechanism (and whirring when turning the focus ring), sluggish (almost gritty) turning of the focus ring, and a slow start up time. This problem persists on and off, and is enough to make me lose faith on risking taking it on a professional shoot. Resetting the camera has not fixed the issue.

My serial number is 110821.

I saw somewhere that Sony mentioned that cameras in this serial number range are in risk of both the E:62:10 and "Buffer Overflow" errors. I have experienced both but the E:62:10 is the biggest one. I contacted the repair center in NJ and they said the warranty would have expired by now, and that to get it fixed would cost $800. I find it ridiculous that I would have to pay that much for an issue that they are well aware is a mistake on their end, either from earlier factory models or the firmware update.

Is there any way to try to revert back to 1.0 or 2.0 firmware? I have not tried this yet. When I launch the upgrade wizard, it aborts the process since the camera is already 4.0 (I have reset the camera many times).

Thank you all for your suggestions and let me know if you had the same issue and how you resolved it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]